Saturday, February 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Anokhi and Happy 6 Monthiversary to China and us!

This week has been birthday week in the Chonks! Anokhi turned 24 on February 22 so I wrote some fun limericks and left gifts for her all week to prepare for her big day! This is by far my best limerick, below.


The new semester has definitely begun and it has been crazy hectic! We have a new co teacher in my K3 class, May, who is really sweet. We also got a new student named Tiger! (I did not name him, he came pre-named) This is our full class! Spot the blondies!

My little sidekick in K2, Crystal!

 K3 did a project in class during the Chinese portion about traveling and painted this mural! I was so excited to find that it is all of the places I have lived! The Chonks is in the top left corner with fireworks. (I thought it was a volcano...haha) The top right corner is Thailand, and the bottom is California! I think Teacher Melody did it on purpose for me, I was so excited! My life in a mural.
 Anokhi's Birthday! Happy 24th!


Also, it is our 6 monthiversary of living in China! SO crazy! We have 5 months left! I am already looking at jobs for my next adventure and trying to plan where I will travel after my contract is up here! Anokhi and I made a list of everything we still want to see and do in China before we leave and hung it in our living room. I can't wait to do and see more in the next 5 months!

Finally saw some Olympics coverage! It was weird to watch it so focused on China. There would be Americans in the event also and the cameras would only be on the Chinese person, even if they were in dead last. Obviously, I am in China so this shouldn't seem so crazy but it was just interesting watching it from a different perspective. When we watched the Olympics in Thailand last year there was only one competitor and the whole country basically shut down to watch him do his event. It was pretty funny. (Boxing) 
USA! USA! USA!

We went out for Anokhi's Bday and Justin got pulled into a drinking game at the bar we were at! Duh! Make the foreigners do weird stuff, it's so funny. 
He won Anokhi this giant bear named "Michael Cera!" Woot!
 Happy Bday! Drink up!

 We went to this crazy bar called Dancing with Sharks and they have two sharks in a huge aquarium! It was weird. China is weird sometimes. A lot of the time actually.
 Da nuh...da nuh...
 Da nuh da nuh da nuh da nuh!!!
 China besties!

"Maybe some women are not meant to be tamed. Maybe they are supposed to run wild until they find someone, just as wild, to run with."

No comments:

Post a Comment