Thursday, February 20, 2014

Book Recommendation!


This book, "Lost on Planet China: One Man's Attempt to Understand the World's Most Mystifying Nation," is basically my life right now! Everyone should read it for a good laugh and a little insight on life in China! He only goes to my city, Chongqing, for a quick second but many of the adventures he does go on, I have experienced also! I found myself nodding my head or laughing in agreement with his statements. It was pretty fun! Check out what he says about the Chonks (our loving nickname for Chongqing) below. Pretty much sums it up eh?

"I had boarded the boat in Chongqing, a vast urban expanse of more than 30 million people. That sounded like hell to me. By now, I'd had my fill of Chinese mega-cities, thank you, and so I did not linger long in Chongqing." -J. Maarten Troost

No comments:

Post a Comment