Tuesday, September 10, 2013

This is not goodbye, Thailand

As soon as I arrived back in Thailand I got a cab to the Bangkok Self Storage and picked up all of my luggage. Then, I headed to the hotel where I met up with Soddy!!!! I cried when I saw her I was so happy! We talked for hours and it was just great to be back with someone from my Phrae family! I also happen to be messaging with Mimi and she is on a night bus from Laos and should be able to meet up with us too!

Meems ends up getting to the hotel around 7:30am and it was so great to snuggle and catch up with her! Two Phrae-ers back in my life! I texted Sods and told her that I needed her to come to my room and I surprised her with Mimi. We all cried and talked about the last month apart. After awhile, we headed out to Khao San Road to get some last minute things (3 pairs of fake Ray Bans, etc) We had a great lunch of all of our favorite Thai dishes, pineapple fried rice, cashew chicken, mango sticky rice, and roti! mmmmm. I'm gonna miss it! Kate left that night for her flight back to North Carolina and it was just Mimi and me!

Mimi and I explored some things in Bangkok, got mani/pedis but basically packed and repacked our bags before our flights. Mimi left the day before me and she freaked out! Haha we were both not feeling ready to leave Thailand! This had definitely become our home and leaving now did not feel right!




I thought about staying on for another school year, but with most of my friends leaving and my 6th graders graduating, I wanted to leave on a high and forever missing Thailand, not wanting to leave. Thailand will forever have a huge piece of my heart and mean so much to me. I know that I will go back and visit and I honestly can't wait! It is such a unique country with kind hearted and good people! I love it through and through and miss it everyday, along with the lifelong friends I made there :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment