Saturday, May 5, 2012

Made it!

I made it to Bangkok! I started traveling around 10:30 pm on Thursday night and arrived in my hotel around 2:30 pm.  You do the math, I'm too tired.
The first flight was fine, the seat next to me was empty to I tried to stretch out and sleep as much as I could, but there is something about watching movies on an airplane that makes me suddenly awake.  I slept on and off though and had some interesting airplane food.  My body is completely confused having chicken at 2 in the morning and then eggs at night...
Then I had a layover in Taipei where I met up with Sarah Flan for about an hour and a half! It was way too short but just what I needed to calm some of my nerves! Super excited for all of our future plans :-)
Back on the plane to Bangkok! I arrived, got off the plane and was immediately covered in sweat. Lord it's hot here! I met up with the OEG group, who was picking us up from the airport and met a ton of people. I don't remember half of their names now...woops! We then waited for 3 hours for vans to come pick us up and take us to the hotel.  Driving through Bangkok was insane! My mother would hate driving here because no one uses their blinker and everyone just cuts in front of each other.  But Thailand reminds me a lot of Taiwan, and that makes me feel a little better, weird?
My roommate for tonight seems really nice, we jumped in the pool to cool off and then took showers cuz we felt sooooo gross! Then we met up with other people and got street food! My lips are still burning :-( SO SPICY!
The only reason I am writing this blog is because I can't go to sleep yet but we are too exhausted to do anything else! So that is why I am rambley and talking about nothing, I have to stay awake for at least 2 more hours...bleh

2 comments:

  1. YAY! SO GLAD YOU MADE IT SAFE! Get used to that spicy food sista :) Sounds like a blast! Can't wait to hear more! Miss youuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, man. that gross feeling is going to so quickly become normal.

    ReplyDelete